What is it?
Masters and Minions is a new 5th Edition supplement featuring all new Masters and how they use their Minions. These can be used to enhance any campaign, with detailed backgrounds, story, and information for GMs. “Drag and Drop” into a current adventure, or add a featured villain into a new and exciting campaign.
What you can expect:
- Encounters covering levels 1-20.
- Encounters are broken into levels 1-3, 4-7, 8-10, etc., allowing for flexible game options.
- Lore and description on each Master and how they use their minions.
- Each Master has story hooks, tricks, puzzles and strategy on how to use each one effectively. This can potentially save hours of prep time for a GM.
- **All new** content not previously published or compiled from other products.
- Detailed NPCs, with the primary focus being how the masters implement and use their minions.
- Minions will be unique (new monsters). Alternate minion types will also be suggested.
- Strategy tips
- Estimated book size: 100 pages (hardcover)
- Estimated price: $29.99
NOW ON KICKSTARTER!
- All new Detailed NPC Masters
- All new Minions / Monsters
- Tips on how to use minions in a game
- Developed antagonists. Not just “NPC bad guys with stats”
- New in-depth settings: Towns, Cities, and Ruins
- Motivations, Goals and Strategies for each Master
- Plot ideas to add a twist and bring more life to current adventures
- Role-playing hooks
- New lore
- “Plug-and-Play” options for new or existing adventures
- Side Quests
- Maps / Lairs
- Benefits: Time-saving info and strategies for GMs.
- Dan Dillon, writer: Tome of Beasts/Kobold Press, Adventurer’s League, Rogue Genius Games, Legendary Games, Rite Publishing.
- Jim Pinto, writer: Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord, Protocol Praxis, The Carcass, George’s Children, World’s Largest Dungeon
- Forward by Matthew Colville: Writer and designer in video games. Writer of Priest (Ratcatchers #1), Thief (Ratcatchers #2), Critical Role: Vox Machina and runs a YouTube channel with 130K+ subscribers
- Alyssa Faden, maps: Paizo, Gygax Magazine, Kobold Quarterly, Silver Gryphon Games, R.Scott Taylor, and Jon Brazer Enterprises and creator of the Torn World setting.
- Conceptopolis, LLC, artwork: Hasbro, Mattel, Marvel, DC, Wizards of the Coast, Lego, Sony, Square Enix, among others.
- Published by Jetpack 7: Gods and Goddesses, successfully funded on Kickstarter and published in 2017
What is 5th Edition?
The 5th edition’s Basic Rules, a free PDF containing complete rules for play and a subset of the player and DM content from the core rulebooks, was released on July 3, 2014. The Starter Set was released on July 15, featuring a set of pre-generated characters, a set of instructions for basic play, and the adventure module Lost Mine of Phandelver. The Player’s Handbook was released on August 19, 2014. The fifth edition Monster Manual was released on September 30, 2014. The Dungeon Master’s Guide was released on December 9, 2014. The edition returns to having only three core rule books, with the Player’s Handbook containing most major races and classes.
The publication of the System Reference Document (SRD) for 3rd edition under the Open Game License (OGL) allowed other companies to use the rules to create their own variants of Dungeons & Dragons, providing that they did not use anything Wizards of the Coast considered trade dress or signature content, known as “product identity” under the terms of the OGL.